The Gunn Report for Media 2016
2017-02-17 08:09 [Médiainfó - www.mediainfo.hu]
The Gunn Report for Media 2016 is now available - a global evaluation of media innovation and success based on the results of the most important Media awards spanning over 40 markets.
Highlights from the 2016 Gunn Report for Media include:
Most Awarded Media Agencies in the World 2016
1 Starcom USA
2 Mindshare India
3 PHD New Zealand
4 OMD USA
5 OMD UK
Most Awarded Media Agency Networks in the World 2016
2 Starcom MediaVest
Most Awarded Advertisers in Media in the World 2016
Most Awarded Countries in Media 2016
2 United Kingdom
Media Campaigns of the Year 2016 (not ranked)
- Always, 'Girl Emoji', Starcom MediaVest Group (London)
- Ariel, 'Removing The Stains Of Social Inequality. Share The Load', Mediacom (Mumbai)
- Burger King, 'McWhopper', Y&R Media New Zealand (Auckland)
- DB Export, 'Brewtroleum', PHD New Zealand (Auckland)
- Louis XIII Cognac, '#NotComingSoon', Fred & Farid (New York)
- Manulife, 'The Price Of Living 2040', PHD (Hong Kong)
- Microsoft, 'Tomb Raider Survival Billboard', EMT/Dentsu Aegis (London)
- Sainsbury's, 'Starting The Gift Of Reading At Christmas', PHD (London)
- Swedish Tourist Association, 'The Swedish Number', Ingo (Stockholm)
- The Art Institute of Chicago, 'Van Gogh BnB', Starcom Mediavest Group (Chicago)
- Untold Festival/National Institute for Blood, 'Pay With Blood', UM Romania (Bucharest)
Journalist Isabelle Musnik, editor of The Gunn Report for Media, says, "The outcome of The Gunn Report for Media 2016 shows that while technology and data are fundamental to achieving results, insight, strategy and innovative ideas are essential to delivering them as well as bringing positive results which can be measured. Creativity and efficiency are not antithetical."
Isabelle added, "Good and creative media ideas have diverse sources, have widely different budgets and come from all over the world. 2016 has been the year of data, mobile, apps, programmatic advertising, life video, new formats, social media, virtual reality, artificial intelligence and the emoji, all of which enable consumers to experience brands like never before."
The Gunn Report Book and Showreel of the Year 2016 DVD will be available in mid-March and will include The Gunn Report for Media 2016. Additionally there will be 'messages to the industry' by guest essayists Mike Cooper, CEO of PHD Worldwide who will share his thoughts on how Artificial Intelligence will propel media to the forefront of the process; and Nils Andersson, creative president of TBWAAsia who will address the art and craft of creative in an era of machines.