WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2018 winners announced
2018-11-29 08:22 [Médiainfó - www.mediainfo.hu]
Campaigns for Byblos Bank, Louvre Abu Dhabi, Nissan and Saudi Telecom Company are among the 15 winners of this year's WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2018.
Now in its second year, the prize is in search of the best strategic marketing thinking that has driven results in the region. The winners of the Grand Prix and three Special Awards share a $10,000 prize fund.
The Grand Prix, awarded to TBWARAAD for the 'Camelpower' campaign, saw Nissan Middle East create a new industry benchmark for automotive desert performance.
A further three Golds, five Silvers, six Bronzes and three special awards, recognising specific areas of excellence, were also awarded by the judging panel made-up of 18 client- and agency-side top industry professionals chaired by Wasim Basir - Director, Integrated Marketing Communications, Coca-Cola MENA.
Four of the winning campaigns, including the Grand Prix, are regional campaigns. The other award-winning work are for national markets - Egypt (3), Lebanon (3), Saudi Arabia (3) and United Arab Emirates (2).
Commenting on the work, jury member Laura Chaibi, Head of Digital Research, MBC says: "WARC's MENA strategy awards have been an excellent vehicle to uncover, showcase and celebrate, authentic, local insight-driven, communication strategies with impact.
"From ultra-local single country brands through to large international brands, from all across the MENA region, we have seen an array of communications putting consumer truths at the heart of their business as well as forays into new technologies to deliver innovative and contemporary communications with bottom-line business impact."
The WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2018 winners are:
- TBWARAAD - 'Camelpower' - Nissan - Middle East and North Africa + Research Excellence Special Award
- TBWARAAD - 'Highway Gallery' - Louvre Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- FP7/BEY - 'There's no home like home' - Byblos Bank - Lebanon + Local Hero Special Award
- J. Walter Thompson - 'Unveil Saudi' - Saudi Telecom Company - Saudi Arabia
- FP7/CAI (part of McCann Worldgroup) - 'Hijacking the African Cup' - Coca-Cola - Egypt
- FP7/CAI (part of McCann Worldgroup) - 'The Chronicles of Oufa - EGBank - Egypt
- FP7/DXB - 'Cook With Her' - Puck - Saudi Arabia
- TBWARAAD - 'Slow Trends' - Connect - Lebanon
- TBWARAAD - 'SheDrives' - Nissan - Saudi Arabia + Brand Rebel Special Award
- The Classic Partnership Advertising Dubai - 'Footnote for the breast' - Medcare Women & Children Hospital' - Middle East and North Africa
- Impact BBDO Dubai - 'Cook Less, Waste Less' - Sadia - Middle East and North Africa
- Leo Burnett Dubai - 'If it were your pain, would you share it? - du - United Arab Emirates
- J. Walter Thompson Beirut - 'Em Khalil' - Bou Khalil Supermarket - Lebanon
- Momentum Egypt - 'MoreToAutism' - The Egyptian Autistic Society - Egypt
- J. Walter Thompson - 'Meet the HouseWiFis' - Saudi Telecom Company - Middle East and North Africa